Sr Analyst, Advanced Analytics and Data Science
Below is a broad overview of the essential job functions required for the successful execution of this position.
The Sr Analyst, Advanced Analytics will directly serve internal Marketing/Media leads and support the director to guide strategic conversations around Personalization, CRM, Targeting, Promotion and Marketing Effectiveness and Optimizations. This role will oversee multiple analytic functions including Personalization, CRM and Data Science catered to a variety of use cases. The Senior Analyst will focus on providing best in-class support to marketing teams in executing personalizaed targeted marketing across Email, Direct Mail, Acquisition Media and Mobile by managing prioritities through effective communication and business benefit estimation. The Data Science function will focus on building new techniques and the use of Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI) to add additional tools for Marketing Analytics to drive customer facing outcomes. In this role, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for idea generation and roadmap management. In this role, the Senior Analyst will play a key role in building out the Tech-Analytics roadmap as it relates to Data Engineering pipelines, new data exploration needed and operationalizing customer facing marketing programs and creating longitudinal behavior data stores for customers. He/she will act as the analytic expert behind Saks OFF 5TH's omni channel data architecture & CDAP/CRM investigations and initiatives, playing a key role in targeted marketing and personalization performance measurement and key enabler of personalization.
This person is expected to also be a champion for this analytics and measurement discipline within the organization – he/she will be responsible for working cross-functionally and at all levels to incorporate best practices into marketing analytic process and practice across brands, and working with the broader analytics team, agencies and vendors. In addition, this position will liase with Data Engineering and peer-Analytics teams to manage the collection and organization of customer/product analytics data for data science, management of model-ready variables, governance over effective cross-analytics collaboration and participate in personalization discussions to solution or scope the ask to Tech teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience with SQL, Python, R, SAS as well as sound understanding of enabling marketing programs through advanced analytics, data science and business rules. The candidates should be strong in marketing analytics, as well as display a strong business sense and a willingness to rapidly ramp up on a new ways of working. The role is built for a go-getter, creative, quantitative thinker, someone comfortable pushing for discipline and structured thinking amidst disparate data sets, processes and siloed initiatives, and someone excited about expanding awareness and enabling powerful analytics for other teams.
Specifically, needs the following skillsets:
• Programming: Proficiency with command-line statistical analysis software (e.g. SAS or R) or with a high-level programming language (e.g. C++, Java, Python, SQL, VB, etc), including familiarity with databases, website and app tagging, data maintenance, cleaning; knowledge of web analytics packages (e.g. Omniture, Coremetrics or Google Analytics)
• Business Acumen– should be comfortable with ’80-20’ output to drive meaningful, actionable business results. •Project Management – Strong attention to detail, willingness to wear multiple hats, tracking a work plan in a fast-based environment, working with Product teams in AGILE environments to execute sound data tracking solutions
• Calm and comfortable in ever-changing environment; results-driven with an ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Self-driven, curiosity and initiative, building and enriching new, rapidly-growing tools & insights.
• Inquisitive thinker, with the ability to continuously iterate to drive efficiencies in processes and effective in collaboration across cross functional teams
You Also Have:
Below are the professional requirements for this position, including level of education, special certifications or licenses; job specific knowledge and abilities, general business acumen, other required skills; technical or other skills such as position specific software.
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or a quantitative field like Economics, Mathematics or Statistics.
• 3-5 years experience in marketing analytics, data mining, data science, database marketing.
• Hands on experience with command-line statistical analysis software (e.g. SAS or R) or with a high-level programming language (e.g. Python, VB, etc..) and familiarity with Hive/Hadoop environments for data and proven ability to drive efficiencies through automation
• Needs to be able to think like a marketer / vendor while solutioning data layer to enable a variety of personalization use cases / marketing strategies.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
· Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
· Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
· A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
· Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
· An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.