Logistics Transportation Manager
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for coordinating the flow of goods from vendors, domestic and international, to our distribution centers utilizing the most effective and efficient means of transport while providing visibility and insight to internal stakeholders. Managing a team of up to four individuals.
- Must be self-motivated and operate with a strong sense of urgency
- Must possess analytical skills; ability to solve complex problems required
- Organized; must possess excellent follow up skills
- A team player who works well with cross functional teams
- 3 to 5 years of logistics or transportation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Microsoft office Suite including Excel skills
- Transportation System Experience required
- International logistics experience is preferred
- Ability to adapt to changing roles and responsibilities as needed
- Ability to coach, influence, and manager others
• Provide support to external vendors with regards to the movement of in bound merchandise
• Resolve exceptions with internal and external sources to ensure proper flow and receipt of merchandise
• Provide visibility to internal stakeholders to the status of purchase order receipts and overall flow of merchandise
• Partnership with Transportation & Supply Chain Management on Key initatives
• Identify service and cost improvements within supply chain and bring forward recommendations for improvement
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.