Facilities Maintenance Technician
What This Position Is All About:
Discover how we lead the market as the premier luxury-value destination by experiencing our assortment of brands and learning about the quality of our products alongside a team of proud innovators within the retail landscape.
We are seeking a motivated and hardworking Facilities Maintenance Technician to join our Distribution Center team. As a Facilities Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for the safety and functionality of the entire facility, grounds, and property including (but not limited to) Material Handling Equipment, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and emergency systems. Get to know and work with our DC team, discover how we can help you grow and develop your career, and be a part of our highly efficient, professional and customer-centric distribution center. If you are up for the challenge, then this opportunity is right for you!
Who You Are:
- Passionate and enthusiastic facilities maintenance expert with an exceptional work ethic
- Adaptable to change and consistently able to deliver exceptional results with limited guidance
- Enthusiastic team player who establishes positive interpersonal relationships and actively collaborate and contribute to a positive team dynamic
- You communicate in a timely and appropriate manner to all levels
- You possess excellent organizational and efficiency skills
You Also Have:
- High School Degree or GED required
- 1 - 5 years of experience in retail, wholesale, or direct to consumer warehouse operations
- Must have understanding of English language both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate understanding of English during the interview process.
- Must possess basic math skills
- Good computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Willingness to work overtime shifts as needed
- Must be able to sustain physical requirements including, but not limited to: standing for long periods of time (up to 10 hours), lifting up to 30 lbs, walking long distances, bending, stooping, climbing ladders or stairs repeatedly, push or pull up to 50 lbs
- Must know how to distinguish between colors
- Must be able to hear equipment and warning signals
- Dexterity to count, bag, tag, sort, and package incoming freight
- Must have a valid driver’s license
As a Facilities Maintenance Technician, You Will:
- Maintain / repair all mechanical and electrical material handling equipment to ensure least possible interruption of service
- Repair any mechanical, electrical, HVAC or plumbing issues
- Perform required preventative maintenance
- Promptly and accurately complete all work order requests
- Assess the overall running conditions of mechanical and electrical material handling systems and report any issues to the Facilities Manager
- Instruct all facilities maintenance mechanics on standard electrical operating procedures
- Monitor supply inventory for accuracy and availability
- Thorough understanding of all facility systems, operation and theory
- A strong mechanical and electrical theory and PLC applications background is required
- Must have experience as facilities maintenance technician for a minimum of one year
- Must maintain Journeyman Electrical License or provide proof of electrical certifications
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.