Merchandise Assistant, Men's Footwear
The Merchandise Assistant works within the Buying team on a variety of tasks, processes, and communication. The Merchandise Assistant primarily assists the Buying office with go-to-market preparation, tactical vendor communications, price changes, and ad hoc analysis support. The position requires frequent communication with other members of the buying team as well as with vendors, distribution centers, stores and customers.
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- Sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task
- Good organizational and clerical skills
- Willingness to learn
- Self Starter, works well in teams with ability to be agile and shift focus accordingly
- University or college degree
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills - preferably MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- PO Maintenance and troubleshooting (Vendor Tickets, UPC requests, order tracking)
- Weekly reporting and recaps (e.g. Running best seller reports, assist with go-to-market prep)
- Transcribe vendor line sheets into order buy sheets
- Manage in-bound and out-bound receipts
- Support the POS process by working with buyer to determine markdown strategy
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.