Assistant Corporate Planner
What This Position Is All About:
The Assistant Planner, Corporate Planning is responsible for meeting or exceeding sales and profit objectives for the banner, working in partnership with Divisional Planning Managers, Divisional Merchandise Managers, and Planners. The responsibility includes partnering with the Director, Corporate Planning to establish seasonal planning targets and by door plans. The Planner, Corporate Planning will also assist in the open to buy process across Saks OFF 5TH team, in addition to managing multiple ad hoc projects related to overall banner planning strategies. This role requires strong partnerships with our Corporate Finance, Strategy, Digital, Tech, and Saks OFF 5TH Store teams.
Who Are You:
- A natural problem-solver, who is also analytical and creative
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
- You have a can-do attitude
You Also Have:
- Post-Secondary education
- Minimum 3 years in buying, planning or allocation capacity, Off-Price retail experience preferred
- Strong business and financial analysis skills
- Strong cost math acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, open to buy, inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI), master's understanding of budget frames
- Strong communication and presentation skills; extensive exposure to senior management
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel; Buyers Workmate suite; i2 equivalent planning platform
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
As The Assistant Corporate Planner, you will:
- Assist in developing sales, GP and inventory targets for the banner and major business areas. Develop department level store sales and gross profit plans with store partners. Create by day sales plans. Updates the monthly sales, gross profit and inventory forecast and reviews it with Finance. Coordinate the development of class and key item plans.
- Lead the planning team in recommending potential systems and process enhancements relating to planning and open to buy. Create and participates in ensuring adherence to the company's planning calendar and presentations to support the communication of plans.
- Provide significant analysis to support seasonal planning decisions and directions, inventory aging, full priced and markdown selling and gross margin, transfers, new and closed stores and sku productivity.
- Acts as the key liaison between Planning and Finance to provide forecasts and analytics.
Purchasing, Allocation and Replenishment
- Develops and maintains unit target setting by store and by family of business.
- Tracks allocation accuracy and works with the planning team to provide the appropriate adjustments. Oversees the replenishment plans and reporting.
- Works closely with Planning teams to identify opportunities and drive business strategy.
Pricing and Marketing
- Reviews advertising and marketing plans. Participates in reviewing advertising effectiveness analysis.
- Visits stores as feasible. Reviews and approves Planning's timely responses to store visit notes.
- Identifies and communicates divisional OTB monthly trends and direction to Planning teams. Reviews and participates in the monthly OTB (forecast sales and inventories). Reviews inventory productivity (WOS, T/O) and recommends adjustments to business trends.
- Reviews actual to planned receipt performance. Reviews performance via the monthly stock ledger. Participates in the development of and reviews age of inventory/ exit strategies.
- Reviews markdown projections and vendor allowance projections.
- Reviews all pertinent factors (MU, MD's, VA, etc.) relating to profitability. Manages the process including meeting plans, reporting and analysis, and reviews process with SVP of Planning and Chief Merchant.
- Review key conclusions on style productivity and assortment breadth resulting from performing assortment analytics.
- Key liaison between Planning and the Strategy team. Provides insight into banner data and reporting. Forecasts and tracks success of newly implemented projects/initiatives, opportunity areas and potential liabilities.
- Support Planning Projects through the development of action focused solutions based on analysis. Presents findings and proposed actions to cross functional team members and business leaders.
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.