Assistant Buyer, Men's Accessories/Cold Weather/Outerwear
What This Position is All About:
The Assistant Buyer, Men's Accessories/Cold Weather/Outerwear works effectively as part of the merchandising team in executing an omni merchandise strategy focused on serving our customer. In this role they will be accountable for in season business analysis, determining product needs and execution of the buy. Partnership with both external and internal partners, as well as strong communication and negotiation skills will be key to a success in this role. The Assistant role requires strong problem solving skills and sense of urgency in driving profitable business.
Who Are You:
- Action-Oriented: Armed with enough information to make good business decisions quickly. Seizes opportunities more than others.
- Embracing Ambiguity: Shifts gears comfortably. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Perseverance: Able to push through to closure, even with business challenges or setbacks. Motivates team to maintain focus.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Builds constructive and effective relationships internally and externally. Maintains key vendor relationships and continually develops new resources.
- Learning on the Fly: Able to learn quickly and be open to change. Able to grasp the underlying issue and path to resolution, especially in problem solving. Able to develop own resources.
- Time Management/Priority: Uses time effectively and efficiently. Able to shift priorities as needed and manage multiple competing priorities at the same time. Can attend to a broad scope of activities.
- Career Ambition/Self-Development: Strong knowledge of self. Able to articulate and utilize strengths, while creating a plan to develop areas of opportunity. Able to size up situations and flex personal style as needed.
- Taste Level: Knows how to buy for the customer. Maintains view of overall assortment and is able to quickly seize opportunities.
You Also Have:
- BFA or BA in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or related field
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in a buying capacity, overseeing both the creative and financial aspects of merchandising
- Strong analytical skill set
- Strong ability to influence
- Entrepreneurial mindset and fast learner
As The Assistant Buyer, Men's Accessories/Cold Weather/Outerwear, you will:
- Has a broad view of how business works. Uses data to make prudent and effective business decisions. Anticipates business changes in a proactive manner and is adaptable to change.
- Feels comfortable chasing business and managing liquidity expectations. Comfortable with being uncomfortable in taking calculated risks.
- Works closely with vendors, monitors industry trends, evaluates competition
- Analyzes business and maximizes opportunities. Works in-season ATS offers based on current business needs and trends.
- Assists in executing the merchandise strategy, focusing on in-season management to ensure optimal productivity
- Ability to work through ambiguity, while maintaining the agility and speed necessary to react to an off-price buying environment
- Assists in making business decisions with the customer experience in mind, becoming a customer champion in all aspects of the buying process
- Has knowledge of price/value equation and anticipates the needs of the business
- Learning how to drive opportunities and growing to become a creative dealmaker
- Developing a strong sense of current business at any given moment
- Monitors and reacts to inventory productivity
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Digital team by owning the Seasonal Marketing Calendar
- Has a pulse on the market trends and the competitive landscape
- Works closely and works well with all cross functional teams
- Communicates with store teams on signage, adjacencies, and classification strategies
- Partners with Allocation team to ensure optimal allocation execution
- Begins to build and maintain strong and meaningful vendor relationships
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.