What This Position Is All About:
This position is responsible for oversight and management of Saks OFF 5TH’s payroll function. The incumbent will be the Global Process Owner (GPO) for payroll and will have ownership and accountability for payroll activities, including those performed by the Saks OFF 5TH India payroll team. The position will be responsible for the design, maintenance and enforcement of policies related to payroll, including financial controls and reporting.
The position will be the payroll subject matter expert and oversees payroll processes and procedures including payroll taxes, garnishment, and wage distribution for all payroll payments. This position will also design strategies for continuous improvement in payroll processes and collaborate with cross-functional team (Human Resources, Compensation, Benefits, Taxation, and Legal) on company initiatives that impact payroll.
Who Are You:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Tax, or a related field. Master’s degree (MBA) preferred
- Professional Accounting Designation Preferred (e.g., CPA, CPP)
- Full knowledge of payroll mechanics, year-end processes, payroll tax filings, and functional reporting
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in a leadership role with a multi-jurisdictional payroll having multiple FEIN’s (5000+ employees).
- Experience with ADP is preferred
As The Director, Payroll, you will:
- Act as Global Process Owner (GPO) for payroll (US).
- Serve as subject matter expert regarding all aspects of payroll, including payroll tax and reporting. Ensure payroll participation in all corporate initiatives with an impact on US or Canadian payroll.
- Aid Human Resources and other functional areas regarding payroll for changes in legislation and projects (e.g., RIFs) as well as systems / technology changes to adapt to changing regulations
- Work with the domestic and offshore payroll processing teams to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing and reporting, in compliance with all regulatory guidance. This includes ensuring compliance with applicable tax and wage/hour laws.
- Ensure associate and management inquiries related to payroll taxes are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Assist in managing employee related issues, which includes overpayment, late pay, and deductions
- Track and report Payroll performance metrics / KPIs to key business stakeholders
- Supervise and develop onshore payroll staff
- Work to continuously improve the payroll function, and explore opportunities for streamlining, efficiency improvement and cost reduction
- Manage Saks OFF 5TH’s relationship with all third-party vendors supporting payroll, including ADP
- Work with the payroll third party vendor (ADP) to ensure accurate filing of employment taxes for all US associates. This includes periodic, quarterly, and annual filings. This will include the accurate and timely filings of W2’s and W2-c’s.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of the payroll data in ADP
- Oversee registrations for tax purposes (Federal, State, local)
- Oversee all payroll audits, both internal and external. This includes audits of state, local, and federal agencies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team (Human Resources, Compensation, Benefits, and Legal, Taxation, etc.) on company initiatives that affect payroll including design and implementation of new systems, policies, and processes
- Collaborate with IT on any projects or initiatives that impact payroll applications
- Work with IT to address / resolve technical issues impacting payroll systems
- Oversee system patches / upgrades to Payroll systems
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.