Associate Relations Specialist
What This Position Is All About:
The Associate Relations Specialist plays a critical role in the management of associate relation concerns and answering HR policy and procedural questions directed to the HR Solutions Group (HRSG) via the AskHR portal. They serve as the subject matter experts to a diverse workforce to include associates and supervisors, with primary contact with Line Managers and Human Resources Business Partners. This position must ensure that high levels of customer service are met and that managers and associates problems are resolved in a timely, thorough and professional manner. This position will report directly to the HRSG Manager and support with tracking, monitoring and reporting organizational wide trends in employee relations cases and grievances that will support the company in designing proactive strategies to improve associate relations.
Who Are You:
- A strong communicator who demonstrates effective consultation and influencing skills
- Demonstrates organization, time management skills and ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple, possibly conflicting priorities
- Exercise considerable good judgment and discretion at all times.
- Ability to make sound decisions in accordance with corporate policies.
- Displays ability for collaboration and teamwork. Active Listener, able to concentrate on caller, asks questions to clarify and verify information, paraphrases caller questions to ensure understanding and ability to identify essential information.
- Possess strong coaching, conflict resolution and decision making skills.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Advanced HR certification or training a plus.
- Has at least 3 years of (exempt level experience in Human Resources or equivalent managerial experience with primary focus in Associate Relations.
- Proficient knowledge of employment, wage and hour, FMLA and EEO laws.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements
- Effective in dealing with ambiguity
As The Associate Relations Specialist, you will:
- Provide counsel and direction to Managers and others in the areas of employee relations by offering coaching and guidance on policy adherence, interpretation, and grievances by phone, email, etc.
- Handle ER investigations to include difficult/complex issues to full resolution ensuring that they are done in a fair and consistent manner and adherence to company policy and procedures
- Partner with HRSG Manager, HRBP and/or Legal if required to review difficult AR cases.
- Edit and prepare all levels of the Performance Improvement documents to include termination letters.
- Foster relationships with business units to ensure high levels of service.
- Proactively recommend improvements to the AR processes as needed.
- Track issues and inquiries in the system and resolve open tickets in a timely manner.
- Address and resolve non-exempt and select exempt performance issues as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all issues
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.