The Director of Allocations supports Omni-Channel sales through creation of allocation strategy and store clustering in partnership with the Assortment planning team. The director is accountable for understanding Merchandise strategies to ensure allocations align with strategic initiatives. This role will Manage analysis of store and store cluster stock needs based on sales, classification and vendor while overseeing the flow of receipts to stores based on opportunity and need as well as product intent. Effectively leads a team of Allocation Analysts and ensures proper allocations by collaborating with the merchandising team.
- Action-oriented: Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Seizes opportunities more than others. Armed with enough information to make good business decisions quickly.
- Embracing Ambiguity: Shifts gears comfortably. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly. Can anticipate future consequences and outcomes accurately
- Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Perseverance: Able to push through to closure, even with business challenges or setbacks. Motivates team to maintain focus.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Able to influence internal parties. Navigates healthy push/pull with partners (maintain financial discipline and still have flexibility).
- Learning on the fly: Able to learn quickly and be open to change. Able to grasp the underlying issue and path to resolution, especially in problem solving. Able to develop own resources. Balances analysis vs gut.
- Time management/priority: Uses time effectively and efficiently. Able to shift priorities as needed and manage multiple competing priorities at the same time. Can attend to a broad scope of activities.
- Career ambition/Self-development: Strong knowledge of self. Able to articulate and utilize strengths, while creating a plan to develop areas of opportunity. Able to size up situations and flex personal style as needed.
- Curious/Challenges Status Quo: Able to "fail fast, fail cheap". Creative problem solver.
- Able to operate with speed: Enjoys fast pace. Focused on completion.
- Effective Leadership: Able to provide quick and clear direction to team with defined priorities. Empowers direct reports. Able to lead teams through ambiguity and change.
- 3+ years Merchant or Planning experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
- Advanced computer skills in Excel required (v-lookups, pivot tables, complex formulas, etc.)
- Strong analytical skill set
- Strong ability to influence
- Entrepreneurial mindset and fast learner
1. Build Partnerships:
- Partner with store operations to identify store growth opportunities
- Provide analysis and research to support the creation of the allocation strategy and buy plans
- Partner with Merchandise Leadership teams to Analyze allocation performance and ensure -need calcs- support desired outcomes
- Partner with Financial Planner, Assortment Planners and Buyers
- Responsible for effectively communicating business needs to India Allocation Manager
- Effectively manages a team of Allocation Analysts
2. Business Acumen:
- Responsible for managing location capacity and proactively reporting to leadership by using future facing solution oriented approach
- Has broad view of how business works. Uses data to make prudent and effective business decisions
- Knowledgeable in key policies, processes, trends, practices. Anticipates business changes and responds quickly and judiciously.
- Accountable for sales and stock by door/channel.
- Manages allocation strategies focused on store clustering, customer profiles and opportunities by store/channel. Effectively communicates with the Financial Planning Team.
- Ensures best practices for allocation planning with a focus on store clustering.
- Business Driver: Acts as an owner/operator. Reacts quickly to business opportunities and takes calculated risks. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to make effective business decisions.
- Analytical: Able to synthesize data from all aspects of the business and multiple data points to quickly size risks and opportunities.
- Manage analysis of store/store cluster performance and ATS
- Has deep understanding of JDA Allocation System in order to create -need calcs- for specific business needs
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.