Asset Protection Supervisor
What This Position is All About
At Saks OFF 5TH, we are continuously inspired by the movement to create a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. If you have a natural proclivity towards practicing safety and are enticed by an opportunity to create and maintain a safe space for others, then this is the right opportunity for you! We are looking for a safety-minded expert like yourself to provide a positive experience for our customers and associates.
As the Asset Protection Supervisor, you will provide leadership support to the Asset Protection Manager and District Asset protection Manager while working with our teams to identify operational deficiencies and contribute to evolving our Asset Protection strategy. Discover your opportunity to play a vital part in maintaining our reputation as the premier luxury-value destination. Develop and experience new ways to partner with our customer and associate groups to ensure a safe shopping and work experience for everyone.
Who Are You:
- Aspiring leader who can educate, drive results, and maintain high standards
- You clearly assign responsibility for tasks and decisions, set and communicate a clear vision, and drive positive outcomes through objectives and measures
- Analytical thinker able to generate and share ideas while keeping a keen eye for detail
- Natural problem-solver who contributes to a collaborative work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation
- You get things done by engaging in a high level of teamwork and being a diplomatic and direct communicator to get cooperation with little disruption
- A transformative thinker who constantly looks at the big picture and demonstrates an exceptional ability to make decisions and work under pressure
You Also Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid region/market specific security license as per local government regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to speak to Asset Protection practices and happenings/trends during team and leadership meetings
- Awareness of retail procedures, and criminal civil proceeding process is an asset
- Aptitude and working knowledge of retail security and information systems, and productivity software
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and public holidays
As The Asset Protection Supervisor, You Will:
- Facilitate selling process through consistent adherence to policies and procedures that safeguard customers, associates and assets of the company
- Assists with store-wide communication, training, new hire orientation, safety and shortage meetings
- Oversees API floor ownership program execution
- Provides Asset Protection training and overview of company policies and procedures to all store New Hires
- Participates in Store Staff Meetings speaking to Asset Protection updates and trends noticed in the store and surrounding areas.
- Provides feedback and recommendations in the development of the respective store shortage strategy
- Provide feedback and coaching to associates regarding asset protection best practices
- Assumes a leadership role supporting the APM/DAPM and Store Director in the planning and execution of the annual physical inventory and reconciliation process
- Ensures all physical security standards are maintained and adjustments are initiated timely
- Provides daily supervision and guidance to all investigators ensuring adherence to company apprehension and investigative guidelines, and any applicable local, state and federal laws
- Assists the APM/DAPM and Store Director in ensuring all members of the Asset Protection staff successfully complete required on-line training and other curriculum necessary for certifications
- Prepares weekly audit schedule for AP staff, delegates assignments and ensures audit requirements are being met and properly documented
- Consistently identifies and addresses internal and external theft exposures to achieve targets of investigative performance
- Be available to respond to after-hours alarm calls and emergency situations
- Efficiently complete tasks/special projects as assigned by store leadership
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.