Director, Distribution and Logistics
What This Position Is All About:
The Director of Distribution and Logistics is responsible for a multi-shift, 7-day operations, multiple-department variable volume distribution operations’ team, including productivity, financial, and service objectives that meets the demands of our customer. Provides strong leadership and coaching on an ongoing basis. Initiate and develop short and long-term goals. Prepare area budgets with various financial reports and corporate resources in the finance area. Ensure consistency and compliance with departmental and company policies. Leads the team in creating an atmosphere that enables the dialog and commitments that promote a continuous improvement mindset and has a favorable impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of the site through accuracy measurements.
Who Are You:
- 5 to 10 years distribution center operations experience in an automated facility
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of the entire retail process, from receiving, processing to shipping
- Experience working with 3PL’s is preferred
- Supply chain transformation experience, with focus on successful implementation of cost projects
- Change management, including products & process
- Strong collaboration, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel skills
- Warehouse management system expert
As The Director, Distribution and Logistics, you will:
- Strategic thinking and planning skills to be optimize network resources and understand how to drive change to improve performance and service levels
- Excellent knowledge and experience in budgeting, financial management, and labor planning and optimization.
- Designs and implements training programs and supporting materials for employee education and development. Ensure consistency among the site.
- Coordination of production planning on weekly bases with stakeholders.
- Prioritizes system needs, details expectations & system specifications changes & recommends timetables for installation/implementation, which lessens any negative impact with the associated changes in a robotic environment.
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.