Director, Analytics Strategy
Saks OFF 5TH is the premier online luxury off-price destination. Through its website and app, Saks OFF 5TH provides a compelling assortment of brands to fashion-seeking customers at the best prices. The company is reimagining traditional off-price with a digitally-native model focused on customer experience.
What This Position Is All About:
We are looking for a Director, Analytics Strategy to join us at Saks OFF 5TH. You are skilled at turning data into stories, insights and actionable strategic recommendations. You must have excellent written and verbal presentation skills and be able to tailor your message with empathy for different audiences, from executive to business users. Your work will help to answer our most challenging business problems, with a focus on our customer. The ideal candidate possesses a strong background in working with various types of data to uncover trends and opportunities to creatively solve problems.
You will sit in the centralized analytics organization for Saks OFF 5TH and report to the VP, Analytics. You will work closely with data scientists, survey researchers, and product managers for data and analytics to deliver actionable insights across the organization. Sample products may include: business case development for new features, geographic growth expansion strategy support, customer journey modeling, LTV analysis, customer segmentation, personalization use cases, etc. .
The candidates should be strong in data analytics, as well as display a strong business sense and a willingness to rapidly ramp up on new ways of working. The role is built for a creative, quantitative thinker, someone comfortable pushing for discipline and structured thinking amidst disparate data sets, processes and siloed initiatives, and someone excited about expanding awareness and enabling powerful analytics. The ideal candidate will have a passion about the customer and retail.
Who Are You:
- Self-starter and a problem solver
- Love hands-on work
- Adaptable. Can work effectively both independently and within a team
- Do not shy away from going above and beyond the call of duty when needed
- Lifelong learner
You Also Have:
- 5- 10 years of experience in analysis, business insights, strategy, or consulting
- Proven track record of strategy
- Comfortable leading by influence
- Comfort moving between strategic business objectives and consumer-centric data needs and solutions
- Strong data literacy skills
- Data Storytelling & Visualization - ability to succinctly summarize complex analysis
- Business Acumen– Proven ability to operationalize growth strategies through robust Test & Learn, and customizing data science outcomes to business – recognizing the variability and complexity of business and store operations – should be comfortable with ’80-20’ output to drive meaningful, actionable business results.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, or equivalent. MBA preferred
As The Director, Analytics Strategy you will:
- Support the analytics organization in delivering action-oriented insights broadly across the organization including marketing, product, planning, and merchandising
- Use empathy to craft stories that convey an understanding of the business context and
- Present findings to executive leadership and business users, be able to adapt your style and delivery for the audience
- Prepares and delivers executive ready presentations highlighting insights and recommendations
- Package information so that it can be consumed by all levels of the organization from the board to analysts.
- Translates business needs into solvable analytic approaches
- Go beyond the dashboard to deliver the action
- Tell effective narratives
- Understand how to frame information that can drive to a decision
- Able to understand and explain nuances of statistics and data science
- Work from data solutions to practical business problems
- Keep it simple, know when to go deep and when to synthesize and role up, remove the noise
- Supports VP on initiatives as required to support Board of Directors and key executive requirements
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
We believe that our differences not only make us stronger, but also guide our evolution and future growth. All associates are expected to create an inclusive environment free from harassment, discrimination, and bullying.Together, we celebrate, advocate for, and learn from our colleagues, customers and communities to create the best environment to shop and work for all.