Sample Assistant, Sample Management
Saks OFF 5TH is the premier online luxury off-price destination. Through its website and app, Saks OFF 5TH provides a compelling assortment of brands to fashion-seeking customers at the best prices. The company is reimagining traditional off-price with a digitally-native model focused on customer experience.
What This Position Is All About:
Saksoff5th.com shoots monthly and campaign editorials, with hundreds of items needed for the shoots and the Sample Assistant is the foundation that keeps this process organized. The Sample Assistant is responsible for requesting and organization of editorial samples.
Who Are You:
- Team player with self-confidence, assertiveness, and personal motivation
- Maintain the ability to multi-task / manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Someone who responds positively and act with a sense of urgency to challenging work and deadlines
- You possess a positive attitude can manage the repetitive nature of the role
- You have a passion for product, and crucially for always exceeding internal and external customer expectations
You Also Have:
- Competency with Excel and Google Workspace
- A keen eye for details, strong organizational skills and passion for documentation and process
As The Sample Assistant you will:
- Responsible for the physical organization of merchandise received from the distribution center by using tracking systems and Google Docs
- Track the whereabouts of merchandise - check items in when arriving at studio, check products in for the Product Supervisor team, and checks products back out to be put away in the distribution center
- Check the accuracy and quality of samples from vendors; track and report issues to Product Supervisor
- Check sample against ordered item to make sure it is the same and free of defects; report any item issues to the Assistant Manager. Keep in communication with DC contacts on missing pieces of a delivery.
- Manage sample logistics (pack, unpack, send back to vendor, track)
- Assist Styling Director with ad hoc projects
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
We believe that our differences not only make us stronger, but also guide our evolution and future growth. All associates are expected to create an inclusive environment free from harassment, discrimination, and bullying.Together, we celebrate, advocate for, and learn from our colleagues, customers and communities to create the best environment to shop and work for all.