Director, Machine Learning
Saks OFF 5TH is the premier online luxury off-price destination. Through its website and app, Saks OFF 5TH provides a compelling assortment of brands to fashion-seeking customers at the best prices. The company is reimagining traditional off-price with a digitally-native model focused on customer experience.
What This Position Is All About:
The Director, Machine Learning is responsible for building and leading a team that works to optimize and personalize our customer experience using data science and machine learning. Key areas include search optimization, markdown optimization, product recommendations, supply chain efficiency and many other
opportunities. You will own the process from start to finish, defining the approach, solution and deployment. The problems you will work on are intellectually challenging and core to improving our customer experience and driving our business growth.
Who Are You:
- Experience leading a team
- Experience communicating technical concepts to executive leaders
- BA / BS degree business, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or any scientific or computational degree. Masters or PhD is preferred
- Experience writing, testing, and interpreting numerical, scientific code.
- Experience in machine-learning model lifecycle; training, evaluation, serving
- Interest in deploying machine-learning models as scalable services
- Knowledge of Data Processing platforms to support ML
As The Director, Machine Learning you will:
- Define scope and execute on data science and machine learning solutions to business problems
- Partner with business owners to understand business drivers
- Work cross functionally with the data engineering, analytics, and reporting team to deliver solutions
- Lead and develop a team to achieve results.
Your Life and Career at Saks OFF 5TH:
- Be part of an empowered, innovative team; work with an adventurous spirit and a customer-centric mindset; play a critical role in making decisions that will position us to win
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities across different functions within our corporate offices, retail stores, photo studios, and distribution centers
- A culture that promotes a flexible work environment
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental and vision)
- An amazing employee discount and other exciting perks
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
We believe that our differences not only make us stronger, but also guide our evolution and future growth. All associates are expected to create an inclusive environment free from harassment, discrimination, and bullying.Together, we celebrate, advocate for, and learn from our colleagues, customers and communities to create the best environment to shop and work for all.